11 Easy Tips to Move Your Lymph System
1) Exercise Regularly - During exercise the contraction of the muscles become the pump that helps move the fluid around the body. The lymphatic system is stimulated by moving your muscles and getting your heart rate up. When there is no movement there is pain and stagnation.
2) Sit Up Straight - slumping can cause fluid backup. Focus on posture. Sit up straight.
3) Dry Brushing - Dry brushing removes dead skin cells, stimulates sweat glands, opens pores, encourages lymph movement, removes cellulite, and boosts circulation.
4) Hot / Cold Shower Therapy - When you alternate your body's exposure to hot and cold water, your lymph vessels dilate and contract to "pump" fluid that may have stagnated in the system.
5) Sauna - Heat triggers the circulatory system to move faster to eliminate heat. This increased circulation helps move the lymph system and excrete toxins.
6) Eat an Alkaline / Anti - Inflammatory diet - Many alkalizing foods possess natural cleansing properties that energize you and also keep the body moving. A fiber-rich diet helps reduce inflammation by supplying naturally occurring anti-inflammatory phytonutrients found in fruits, vegetables, and other whole foods.
7) Dress in loose fitting clothing (especially to bed) - Tight clothing restricts lymphatic flow. Be especially mindful of tight bras (sports bras) around the breast area and tight underwear or boxers known to suppress your lymphatic system.